Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Timetoast in Telecollaborative Projects: How 2.0

It has been a while since I posted about timetoast, so if you don't remember timetoast is a site where students can interactively create a timeline with pictures, links, and add descriptions.

I was thinking today that timetoast is a great tool by itself however since I spoke about the livebinders being able to link to different websites, wouldn't it be great if to link those two tools together! Instead of having the students write a blog (which is blocked by Baltimore County) the students can type out their feelings, questions, concerns, or revelations they have each day. As they update their timeline it will also reflect in their livebinders tab. This could be a great way to spark conversation between the schools, groups, or even a class discussion. Even though timetoast does not offer a discussion feature, however on livebinders they do offer a comment feature which comments on the whole binder not a specific section.

Timetoast could be a great tool to also share and monitor everyone classes progress. Below is a timeline for a project my students and I did this year (I made the timeline but next year will expect them to keep their own timeline).

If the students/teacher/project wanted the students to use a wiki as their main communication tool the students could embed the interactive timeline right on the wiki page.


1 comment:

  1. I've used this with my middle schoolers and they loved it!! In the past my Hebrew School class has taken events in history and made me story boards by hand. I decided to give this a try instead this year. It was a huge hit. The class seemed to be more engaged and actually getting a lot more out of other peoples projects when it came time to share.

    ReplyDelete