Great things about Livebinders:
- Livebinders is a great way to organize and share information for students, teachers, or other professionals.
- It allows you to highlight websites, pictures, documents, videos, or even type text right into a tab.
- It also creates a "credits" section where it highlights all the links added, a thumbnail, and the date you added it to the binder.
- There is also a place where people can comment on sections of the binder and give feedback or suggestions, which makes it more collaborative where the creator can change and add onto the suggestions of others.
- You can download "Livebinder It" which is an easy way to add a website you like into your binder without have to go directly to livebinders, the tool gets added directly to your browser tool bar. If you have a delicious account you can directly import your bookmarks to livebinders.
- There are many ways to embed and share your binders with people!
"Glitches" I have found with Livebinders:
As I was creating my "subtabs"
- If I added a PDF in a subtab and then wanted to add another subtab the PDF covered up my options about the subtabs. - The only thing I found to get around this problem was to save my binder, go back to "my binders", click on the binder I was working in, then selected "edit menu" this then allowed me multiple options on each page.
- If you try to upload a Microsoft Office document it can only be seen and uploaded if you have Internet Explorer 8. If you use IE 6 or 7, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome you will be asked to download the document. - If you add it as a PDF it will show up in everything except for IE7 and Firefox for the Mac. If you use the Mac you will have to download a plug-in in order to view the PDFs. However if you upload the document to Google Docs you will be able to view it in all browsers!
I have been working on a Geometry resources binder (which is embedded below). It is in no sense done, full, or that great just yet. It is definitely a work in progress but I am still learning new features Livebinder has to offer. I am going to continue to work on my binder and add more documents to which I can continue to use effectively with my students.
Here is a ready to use binder for Surface Area in Geometry
Having an online binder could help students who are absent from school but have access to the computer. It could also help students HOW to organize information. As a high school teacher I have realized that many of my students cannot organize their binder without some type of organization if they are seeing this type of binder every chapter it may help them become more organized with their information.

No comments:
Post a Comment