Do you have binders full of documents for each class you teach? Do you have an unorganized "My Documents" folder on your computer? Well do I have an easy solution for you, Livebinders is your place!
Livebinders is a free site that allows you to gather your resources, neatly organize those resources, and present them to others. Here are some tutorial videos to get your livebinder started. The great thing is with livebinders you can add the links you would normally show (or give) in class, you can also add your links from delicious! :)
Sharing Livebinders is easy, you can embed it into a blog, website, or on a desktop. With sharing so easy, this might be a great tool to use for the telecollaborative project because as the teacher/facilitator you/your class could upload pictures, websites, and documents created. This will allow you to have it all in one place and keep you organized because you could have a tab for each "day" or each "reading" depending on what type of project you were doing.
Here are some of the featured binders I have come across and found useful/unique:
http://livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=13560 (Web 2.0)
http://livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=12726 (Area and Perimeter, but GREAT fill in the blank survey instead of giving a paper copy!)
http://livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=10649 (Atmosphere and Weather)
http://livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=8942 (Kindergarten Language Arts Resources)
Has anyone ever used a livebinder?
- Laurie
Tikatok update
16 years ago

I think that LiveBinders is a great way to group everything together in one area. I can see this as a useful tool in the classroom, or to simply to share your resources after a presentation. I was thinking while perusing the website that you could do all of that with a Wiki, but I love how you can have notes on one side and then the website on the other side. The page is active and you can click and it only changes the website, not the notes. I love having things organized, and I think this is a great organizational tool.
ReplyDeleteI have not used Livebinder, but it seems like it would be a great tool for planning purposes. I would love to be able to have my planbook online with my resources and lessons right with the plans. I think Livebinder would be an awesome way to do this since you can have notes in addition to the resources you upload.
ReplyDelete